"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

13 December 2016

Whelp, yeah

Life Update:

I still have a job.  I should be able to cover most of my bills next month.  Yay.

This entire ordeal has just highlighted how much I need a different job.  It's long past time for me to redouble my efforts there.  Let us hope that something turns up soon.

Silver lining: I basically got a week of paid-yet-extremely-stressful vacation.

Positive notes for the coming week: 

Our new furnace is being installed sometime today (12/13) AND they're going to clean out all of our vents—something that hasn't been done in over 20 years.  I'll soon live in a warm and breathable house!

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to talk my mother into taking me out for lunch on Wednesday or Thursday to "celebrate" my continued employment.  I'm thinking Indian food.  Or maybe that Asian-fusion place down the street...

Downers:

I've got to take my little cat back to the vet tomorrow or Wednesday to get her shots updated.  The last time she had this particular vaccine she had some kind of reaction to it and nearly died.

The Orange Kat keeps ripping out his claws and walking on my bed with bleeding paws.  He's ruined both my sets of sheets, the neurotic weirdo.  And they were really nice sheets (Pottery Barn–from back when I had money).



That's it for me.  I'm still trying to get this sleep-when-it's-nighttime thing down, and I've got to get to bed if I'm going to sleep at all while it's still dark out.  Seriously, it's almost 4 AM. 

I've got issues, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment