"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

06 December 2016

Of bosses and brain-worms

I'm stuck just hanging out.  Photo by Dodger nzl [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons
Yesterday my boss called me and told me not to come in for the rest of the week while they investigate the incident on Thursday.  Silver-lining?  I'm still getting paid.  Happy Christmas to me.  So I'm to be kept in limbo.  Yeah, I'm thinking this job is done, though I'll find out next week if whether or not that's true.

Wow.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  The whole situation has been blown way out of proportion.  And I trust neither my luck nor my workplace to stay with me.  I only hope that I find something else soon, because even if my boss and the administration above her decide to keep me on, I don't know that I'll want to stay.  At least not very long.

So what instigated all of this drama?  Maybe someday I'll tell you.  It's incredibly stupid, but at the time it was really, really upsetting.  Like, it left me shaking, and not with anger, but with fear.  I was totally freaked out, and I maybe could have handled things differently, but I didn't handle them bad.  Definitely not bad enough to warrant this.  It's almost amusing, in a tragic sort of way.

Gah!  My life!  It's unbelievable.  I have Such. Bad. Luck.  I mean, nothing has gone quite right since 2011, and the only thing that went right that year was my final semester at KU.  Even starting grad school that fall was a bust.  Wrong path, I suppose.  One I never should have walked down.  It's ended with me in job-limbo with only enough money to last the rest of the month if I don't find something soon.

I'm trying to stay positive.  After all, that brain-worm of mine is working, formulating a plan for me.  If only I knew what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment