"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

26 August 2015

Poetry Wednesday #5



Apologies 

Please forgive me: I forgot
Last weeks post.  See, quite a lot 
Happened, and I lost my head -
Wound up spending time in bed.
Really, I am not to blame.
By the time that Wednesday came:
Some lady had hit my car,
And I'm lucky not to scar
From my shattered shower door
That rained glass upon the floor
While I was stuck within it.
It was a stressful minute
Spent crying on broken glass
'Til my mom rescued my ass -
Naked as the newly born -
Broken, bleeding, feeling worn -
I just couldn't concentrate, 
So my poem is very late.

As amends, before this post's done
You'll get two poems instead of one.



Greenwood Trill

"Trees sing, you know,
When the wind is right,
And if you tilt your head just so
You can understand them,"
A witch told me once
While I slept and dreamt,
Dreamt of the fathomless depths
That only sleep can see.

I spent my days after that
Dreamt advice
Running outside whenever
The wind blew, and
Tilting my head this way and that
Hoping to catch their songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment