"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

12 October 2016

Poetry Wednesday #56

By en:John Anster Fitzgerald (1823-1906) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Oftentimes, at least with my rhyming poetry, the first verse comes to me all at once.  This is a perfect example.  I just started singing it a couple of days ago, adding more verses as I did so.  I'm thinking it needs at least two more verses, which I'll write–or won't–sometime in the future.  Enjoy! ~AJ

Untitled, Unfinished Song or Ballad


Away with the faeries
The girl goes to play,
In the land of enchantment
Between night and day.

She runs with the spirits,
And dances along
To the instruments playing
Their magical song.

Forgetting her sorrows,
Forgetting her woes,
She leaves all behind her,
As away she goes.

She leaves for the weekend,
And is gone for a year,
Since, through fae magics,
She's forgotten her fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment