"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

06 April 2016

Poetry Wednesday #36

I've decided to start asking for donations to support my writing, mostly because it's been 3 years since I got my Master's degree and I still haven't found a full time job.  I can't support myself, sad as that may be, and I would really prefer to spend my time writing rather than applying for jobs that I keep not getting.  To that end, I set up both a Patreon account for monthly donations and a PayPal account for one time donations.  Both are linked here and in the sidebar.  Thanks! ~Amber

"Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.  It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity." ~ Carl Jung

I suffer from depression and have a thing or two to say to those who tell me to "Think positively"

Positive thinking doesn't help
When you can't think positively,
It leaves you feeling oh so lost
And worries about what may be.

Positive thinking doesn't help
When your mind is one big knot,
Thoughts twist back upon themselves
And you accept your lot.

Positive thinking doesn't help
When the hope inside you dies,
And you look back at your once-dreams
And see them all as lies.

Positive thinking doesn't help
When all you feel is pain,
It just wounds you in your soul
When you hear that advice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment