"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

16 March 2016

Poetry Wednesday #33

I've decided to start asking for donations to support my writing, mostly because it's been 3 years since I got my Master's degree and I still haven't found a full time job.  I can't support myself, sad as that may be, and I would really prefer to spend my time writing rather than applying for jobs that I keep not getting.  To that end, I set up both a Patreon account for monthly donations and a PayPal account for one time donations.  Both are linked here and in the sidebar.  Thanks! ~Amber

Ivan Bandura, Riot Police, from Flickr

Fear

Fear floats around,
Obscuring the air,
Making people crazy.
I understand.
'Cause I feel it too—
This fear of what may be.
I can feel it
Gnawing and scratching
At our collective minds.
I can feel it
Trying to trample
Our sense of being kind.
I can see it
Fogging our windows
Breaking all of our mirrors.
I can hear it
Whispering gently,
Spreading it's poison lies.

It's in the boot-stomps,
The slide of magazines into guns,
The murmuring anger of a mob.
It's in the bombs and bloody bodies.
It's in the riots waiting to form.
It's in all types of media.
It's quickly becoming the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment