"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

22 July 2015

Poetry Wednesday #1

I wrote this several years ago while getting my bachelor's degree.  It is quite possibly my favorite poem written at KU.



                                                    Roane

He is the ocean to my eyes
The ebb and flow of blood through my veins
The tidal pull of the moon on this
My earthly soul

He sings
And I am lost                                   drifting
In the warm
Wet

He shows me Manannan's horses as they
Rise up from the water and race-- crashing upon the rocks
He smiles and the stars come tumbling down
To shatter
On the ephemeral border between land and sea
Him and me

We are 
Lunatics                       dancing
Moonstruck and
Mad

He calls me mo chroi
                My Heart
In the cold air, where he touches me, 
                                                        I burn
He tastes purple to me
                Of night waves and reflected sky
My fae, wild man

He is a wild thing
                                               A magic thing
Ruled by the forces of nature
                  The moon
                          The sea
The tide

When he is gone
I will look out at the ocean
And remember

No comments:

Post a Comment