"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

01 June 2016

Poetry Wednesday #43

I apologize for missing last weeks poem.  It was drama-drama over here, and I was totally freaked out by the possibility of having to put down one of my cats.  Thankfully, Alice Strange (my youngest and least cat-like cat) is still with us.  But it was touch and go there for a while. ~Amber

http://www.ForestWander.com [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons

Afterlight 

The sky is filled with the souls of stars
Who burned themselves out reaching this world of ours.
When we look up to the night sky
We see but phantoms of an age gone by.
They light the road to the world of dreams
Where everything is and is not as it seems.
These specters dance all through the night
Then fade away at dawn's first light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment