"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

06 October 2013

My Life circa 1995 and some other stuff

Here's a short update and some fun old stuff:
I'm going on a short vacation this Tuesday and will probably not be blogging for the next week or so.  I apologize for not posting anything recently.  My brother got married and I wanted to take a break.  I'm planning on coming back to this site, and regularly blogging every other week.  Upcoming post will explore the loves of my life, my best friends, Leanne and Julie.  Then, I'm planning on complaining about trying to find a full time job for a bit or something.  I don't know.  I don't plan that far ahead.

While cleaning out my bedroom and going through old paperwork in my files, I came across something interesting.  Below is my first resume, typed on a typewriter, believe it or not.  It's from 1995, I think.  My, how things change . . . And how they stay the same:


Not the most flattering dress in the picture, but my hair is nice.  My hair is always nice, though, so nothing new.  Strangely enough, my Middle School GPA is the same as my undergraduate GPA when I was in University.  Now, I'm a librarian (grad school GPA was 3.98 -- stupid B+), and my ultimate goal is to become a successful novelist.  But my interests remain much the same, expanding into Gothic and Victorian Literature.  Not mentioned in this resume is my lifelong study of mythology and faery tales.  Oh well.  That's all for now.

Have fun!  Go Gentle.

No comments:

Post a Comment