"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." ~Anais Nin

15 October 2015

Poetry Wednesday #11



Porcelain and Glass

I would be made of steel
And ceramic.
I would be made of metal
And stone.
I would be made of iron
Alloys,
So I didn't hurt
Now that I am alone.

I wouldn't shatter.
I wouldn't break.
I wouldn't weep
Or cry.
Nothing could hurt me.
Nothing could maim,
Nothing would 
Even try.

I wish I were made of steel
And ceramic.
I wish I were made of metal 
And stone.
I wish I were made of iron
Alloys,
And it didn't hurt
To be left all alone.

Yes, I did shatter.
Yes, I did break.
Yes, I did weep
And cry.
To say nothing can hut me,
Nothing can maim,
Is a very
Foolish lie.

I am not made of steel
And ceramic.
I am not made of metal 
And stone.
I am not made of iron 
Alloys,
But of soft flesh
And fragile bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment